I created a stub on the wiki about parcels, though I haven't added anything new to the discussion.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Parcel -Josh On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Pieren <[email protected]> wrote: > On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Ian Dees <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> To clarify what I meant about parcel data: I'm assuming you mean parcels >> in terms of household property boundaries. This data is difficult to fit >> into the OSM data model because it a) updates frequently and b) has an >> "official" source that is better to use than OSM. If you can extract >> addressing from the parcel data then we can use it to do better geocoding, >> but loading OSM with parcel data puts us closer to a "data dumping grounds" >> than an active, community-built map. >> > > For information, in France (65 M inhabitants), we have all the tools to > import parcels for about 2 thirds of the territory but we all agreed to not > do this for the same reasons as listed above. > > Pieren > > _______________________________________________ > Imports mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports > > _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
