Quoting [email protected]:

Maybe it's dangerous to say, but I think that the growth of the Dutch
community has been negatively affected due to the AND import. The scale
of the Netherlands is not comparable to the US and Canada, and I think
it would have been feasible to have the road network in the country
mapped completely one or two years ago. As a result, the Dutch
community is relatively small, compared to the UK and Germany. Not that
many OSM related events are being organized, and those who are
organized often have a low turnout.

To be clear, the AND import was discussed and agreed upon by the Dutch community at that time (and I wasn't even registered as a OSM user). It's only a few years afterwards that I sometimes think what the map/community would have been if the AND import has not happened. A typical 20/20 hindsight case...

Frank


_______________________________________________
Imports mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports

Reply via email to