On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Amrit Pal Pathak <[email protected]> wrote: > hey > I am newbie to this mailing list.I want to fetch a particular > area from Open Street Map by giving a Longitudinal and altitude > values. > How can i do that?
This list is about importing external data INTO OpenStreetMap so this question is not entirely suited to the list. The 30 second version is that it depends on how much data you want. You can download small areas from either the main API[1] or the XAPI[2]. If you want more data, look at extracts[3] which let you get state/country sized chunks. If you want the entire planet, then download the planet file[4]. Also, OSM doesn't know anything about altitude so I'm not sure what you're wanting there. For further details I would direct you at the dev or talk mailing lists. [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6 [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Xapi [3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Planet#Country_and_area_extracts [4] http://planet.osm.org/ Toby _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
