On 25/01/2014 3:29 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
2014/1/25 Bryce Nesbitt <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> I think that "source=UNICEF" very much belongs on each imported record, as a mapper I would appreciate seeing that while editing. and what would you do to this tag when editing one of the objects? How much would you have to modify them in order to remove the tag? Or would you remove it with every tiny modification? Would you suggest to split ways in order to improve source-tag consistency? cheers, Martin
I say again, this is not an issue with imports only, and should be discussed in a broader context. Having said that, I accept the red herring for the moment, and say that I would leave source tags unchanged unless I am adding information from a new source, in which case I would concatenate it with the rest.
Example in my neighbourhood: I sourced the outline of a new hospital wing "source:survey" after using my GPS. New imagery became available, so now it's "source:survey,Bing" (or would have been, except that someone else got there first).
What about Bryce's suggestion source:pkey? I've never seen that before aand don't know what it means, but it sets off the original history (which I thought was the basic idea) and is certainly popular.
Tom _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
