Hello,

My name is William Edmisten (wcedmisten). I've been mapping in OSM for
almost a year, but have no relevant affiliation with any other
organizations.

I am writing to propose an import of the HIDFL Hospital dataset
<https://hifld-geoplatform.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/hospitals/explore>
(8,013 records), and to discuss possible ways in which this dataset could
be used.

I've documented some details about the Hospital dataset and how it might be
applied on this wiki page
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HIFLD/Public_Health>.

Looking at the archives, the entire HIDFL dataset was previously discussed
here in October 2022, but I would like to specifically focus on the
Hospitals dataset. One of the previous concerns was that the scope of HIDFL
overall was too broad, so I would like to narrow the discussion to this
single dataset for now.

I believe this data is appropriate for OSM, and can be verified
independently of the dataset, making it a good choice for import or for
reference while mapping. In particular, hospitals' websites can be used to
verify most or all of the data aggregated here.

Another prior concern related to the license, which is stated as:
> None (Public Use). Users are advised to read the data set's metadata
thoroughly to understand appropriate use and data limitations.

I emailed the support team at hi...@hq.dhs.gov to clarify the terms of the
license, and they clarified that the data is indeed available freely for
public use.
> Thank you for your inquiry, William. The dataset you are referring to is
being provided for public use.
> Best regards,
> HIFLD Support Team | Geospatial Management Office (GMO) | Office of the
Chief Data Officer (OCDO)

Best,

William Edmisten (wcedmisten)