Surajit ji, ... would like to go with the latter two illustrations (the two
are one and the same - Illustration contributed by the Library of the
Missouri Botanical Garden, U.S.A.).

Plants of *Leea macrophylla* that I have seen in Sanjay Gandhi National
Park (Yeoor Hills, Nagla Block, Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary) show the
leaf to be in large simple shape. In some rare sightings - I have seen the
leaf splitting in one or two leaflet at the base, the rest of the leaf
remaining as a whole.

My views: http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=91314344@N00&q=Leea%20macrophylla

Eager to know from those who are familiar with *Leea* species.

Regards.
Dinesh