Dear Usha:
What a lovely write up of heart felt experience...

Your story of the purple allamanda sounds very familiar, that's how I have
stumbled onto many diagnosis my self...  often suddenly, serendipity I
think...

Have a wonderful walk.... walks...
could you show us /me some of your tree pictures from these walks?

usha di


On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Usha Desai <[email protected]> wrote:

> Friends
> Colaba Woods is very close to my heart for it was here that in 1993,I
> started my discovery of trees.I have many interesting memories....One day I
> was standing on a bench to see the few flowers of Shirish[*Albizzia
> lebbeck*],when a young man brought me down on the ground & said at your
> age you should not be doing this, what if you fall down.He immediately
> stood up on the bench and got  the flowers & said"Are you a botanist?" "No
> I love trees....and you have a beautiful garden...there are pathways of
> Amaltas,Gulmor,Kachnar,Pitchkari,Scarlet cordia....and you have groves of
> Saptparni,Sita Ashok,Karmal,Kanakchampa,Kadam...He just stopped me &
> said-mam,I am Yadav,descendent of Krishna and I have been coming here for
> two years and never knew Kadam exists here...Please show me....
> Just at the entrance of the woods on either side there are scandent
> climbers with purple trumpet flowers,shiny green leaves and Rajsthani *
> muchhi* like pods....for 12 years I did not know what it was..a friend of
> mine from Goa said it is Purple Allamanda,I was so elated,went through the
> Allamand genus but nothing matched. Then few years ago indiatreepix Google
> group came up and we put up the pictures and wow,it was diagnosed by
> Dr.Neil as Cryptostegia grandiflora..The Palay Rubber Vine..Incidentally it
> has many common names,including Purple Allamanda
> Koelreuteria elegans was identified by Renee through Pradip Krishen's book
> and flowersofindia.net
> Bilimbi by Dr Sheila for it is a common tree from Goa and she is from Goa
> Litchi by one of the walkers when she saw me daily standing in front of
> the tree and trying to find floowers and fruits...one day she just tapped
> my shoulder and said that is Litchi,I am from up north so I know it
> well,and do not search for fruits..it does not fruit here..may be the
> weather.....
> So friends if you want to hear more stories do join us on Sunday 2nd June
> at Colaba Woods,Cuffe Prade next to Hotel President
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "efloraofindia" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>



-- 
Usha di
===========

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to