Thanks, Chadwell ji.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: C CHADWELL
Date: 22 September 2016 at 02:07
Subject: Re: Fwd: SK106SEP18-1016:ID
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com>

These images are difficult to name.

Within the overall "clump" of vegetation, I can say with confidence that
there is a single plant of
the *Primula macrophylla* complex which I have recently posted for example
found in Ladalh are likely to be
*P.meeboldii* (though this name has yet to be formally published by Prof.
Arve Elvebakk, Norway) -
which is to the left of the photo less close-up (does not appear in the
close-up shot).  There are a number
plants with leaves with whitish hairs which I am speculating might prove to
be a *Saussurea*?  As for the one
or two other species amongst the 'clump', I am at present unsure.

But I suspect it is the 'reddish' plant, prominent in the close-up
image, which has caught the eye.   This is puzzling me at present.
Appears quite distinctive.

*Would be pleased if anyone has other suggestions.  Can be hard when there
are no flowers or*
*fruit to help!  If pressed specimens of such plants were collected and
deposited in a herbarium,*
*in all probability the staff would discard them as STERILE specimens i.e.
no flowers or fruits,*
*as unless they happen to have someone particularly knowledgeable on the
flora where the specimens*
*were collected, they would say there were NOT in a position to name the
material - it being too time consuming*
*to try.*

Best Wishes,

Chris Chadwell