devi: since you are very cooperative and willing to go back etc i offer you
my personal thoughts here.

id is not magic, its a systematic looking at diagnostic features to arrive
at a working hypothesis,
better the pictures that  are sharp in focus  show the diagnostic criteria
better and quicker the process

there is a lesson  to be learned n this case, we still do not know what it
is... only guesswork

so...
1: known entity read up or remember
 diagnostic features of any plant
that you are interested in
and take pictures accordingly

2: unknown identity
its habit and habitat
leaves , both sides, and see if can see trichomes or hairs, then try to
show them
flowers face and side views
complete pedicals, peduncles, subtening appendages if any
if inflorescence a complete inflorescence, how its growing, its pattern
if buds are seen several buds
if fruits complete view sideways, its attachment to the twig,
and include a sizing item in at least one picture, like a ruler, a pen,
camera cap ,.
or  your finger as a last resort, often we have nothing handy or are in a
hurry.
if a tree...include the stem, bark etc
if a shrub, entire shrub
etc etc

when you have even ten minutes to hone your skills in this direction
go to this link...  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/indiantreepix
its this group ...
and type any of these peoples name, you choose and look at their pictures

by observing pictures taken by Dinesh Valke, Anurag Sharma (who did a lot
of field work.)

 Prashant Awale, and Satish Phadke, and Pankaj Kumar .  to name few

they all dont use fancy cameras, Anurag used a small handheld

point and shoot, Prashant uses something handy also.

you will do well

good luck

usha di

--