Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lalithamba Avadhanam <alalitha...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 20:53
Subject: Re: [itpmods:13329] Fwd: Leaf veins are important for id in closer
species
To: <itpm...@googlegroups.com>

If we closely read FPM Gamble, he describes venation for almost all
species; even venation in floral leaves is diverse if we observe closely;
and as Rawat ji had pointed out indumentum is one more important character
in identification; the sad thing is many of the students are not giving
importance to morphology; it is a basic necessity for taxonomy, I wonder
without  morphological knowledge how could they study taxonomy, in this
digital camera age they prefer to compare the images to learn taxonomy,
they thought it is a dead subject.
thank you
regards
A.Lalithamba