Thanks to all who answered my query.
Regards
Nalini
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: tanay bose 
  To: shubhada nikharge 
  Cc: mani nair ; nabha meghani ; [email protected] 
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:36 PM
  Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:39258] Durva


  Dear Nalini Ji,
  Its hard to tell whats is the difference between Durva (Cynodon dactylon) and 
other grasses,. Grass is really a vague term (we call all Poaceae & Cyperaceae 
members of the world as GRASS commonly) in a lawn or a meadow there may be 
several grass species, hence really tough to say how it  will look in contrast 
with the other members (if we don't know other names of the grass present 
there). The links I am attaching may help you a bit 
  http://www.missouriplants.com/Grasses/Cynodon_dactylon_page.html
  http://www.tropicalforages.info/key/Forages/Media/Html/Cynodon_dactylon.htm

  Regards
  Tanay



  On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM, shubhada nikharge 
<[email protected]> wrote:

    Nalini ji,
    To my knowledge thin leaved grass with 3 or 5 blades  is offered to Lord 
gansha as Durva.
    I remember having collected 21 durvas for my mom in the childhood. As per 
her instructions the 1st preference was to collect with 3 blades.
    Cheers,
    Shubhada


    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can 
do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."





----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: mani nair <[email protected]>
    To: nabha meghani <[email protected]>
    Cc: [email protected]
    Sent: Wed, 23 June, 2010 4:43:14 PM
    Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:39253] Durva



    Dear Naliniji, Durva grass is thin leaved grass commonly grown in gardens 
and roadside.  We offer this grass to Lord Ganesha.   It  has cooling property. 
 Waiting for more answers.

    Regards,

    Mani.



     
    On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:53 PM, nabha meghani <[email protected]> wrote:

      Hallo, 
      can someone tell me, which grass is called Durva, any speciality and 
characteristics of this grass. In my childhood i used to go with my grandma to 
a nearby ground to collect Durva and my grandma knew, where it was found. 
      I have a lawn, but I don't know if I can find durva here too.
      TIA and regards
      Nalini

      -- 
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
      To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
      To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
      For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.




    -- 
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.




    -- 
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.




  -- 
  Tanay Bose
  +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
  9830439691(Mobile)


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Reply via email to