Hi, Saroj ji,
I am not able to connect as to which post this is linked to.
Pl. clarify.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 17:43, Saroj Kasaju <[email protected]> wrote:

> I shall do that.
> Thank you Dr. Adamnowski!
>
> Saroj Kasaju
>
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 5:51 PM Wojciech Adamowski <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> General sources are sometimes deadly wrong...
>> Check this: Hooker J.D. 1881. Impatiens amphorata. Curtis’s Botanical
>> Magazine 107, tab. 6550 on www.botanicus org.
>> or
>> http://www.plantillustrations.org/species.php?id_species=550928&mobile=0&uhd=0
>> There is old illustration almost ideally matching your plant.
>> Check also newest paper: Akiyama S. 2021. Impatiens (Balsaminaceae) of
>> Nepal (1) An Identification Key and Taxonomy of the Species of Sections
>> Uniflorae, Fasciculatae and Axilliflorae. Bulletin of the National Museum
>> of Nature and Science. Series B, Botany 47(2): 79-101.
>> It is freely available now.
>> True I. bicolor has bicolored, yellow and rosa flowers.
>> Best regards       Wojciech Adamowski
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> W sobota, 23 października 2021, 13:57:04 CEST, Saroj Kasaju <
>> [email protected]> napisał(-a):
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you Dr. Adamowski.
>> All links say it is syn. of I. bicolor but it does not look like
>> matching.
>>
>> Saroj Kasaju
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:48 PM Wojciech Adamowski <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Mr. Kasaju,
>> your plant looks like plants named I. devendrae in efloraofindia portal.
>> Lower sepal seem less inflated than in original description by Pusalkar,
>> but I saw pictures of plants with less or more inflated lower sepal, almost
>> completely white or completely rosa, even yellow flowers, with strong or
>> weak markings, as well as curved or spiralled spur.
>> In Flora of Uttarakhand Pusalkar wrote about variability of this group,
>> describing plants with smaller white and unmarked flowers. This way
>> decision where I. devendrae/amphorata starts and where it ends need more
>> studies in field.
>> However, compare old illustration on plantillustrations portal under name
>> Impatiens amphorata. Also Dr. Shinobu Akiyama in her newest paper do not
>> mention I. devendrae, but mention I. amphorata. Here I. amphorata is only
>> mentioned in key.
>> Full description will be published later and then we will be able to see
>> what she includes into I. amphorata.
>> Best regards        Wojciech Adamowski
>>
>>
>> W niedziela, 3 października 2021, 15:13:14 CEST, Saroj Kasaju <
>> [email protected]> napisał(-a):
>>
>>
>> Dear Dr. Adamowski,
>>
>> Request for your kind opinion on this sp.
>> West Nepal at 2500m in August.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Saroj Kasaju
>>
>>

-- 
With regards,
J.M.Garg

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFDFHNWj06D8jppoue8yv9CLq_sghdzYLLaatLFLHaDffQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to