you are right!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pankaj Oudhia
  To: efloraofindia
  Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:44079] Lepidium sativum from Kashmir

  It is old Hindi saying

  दाने दाने पर लिखा है खाने वाले का नाम

  regards

  Pankaj Oudhia

  On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:32 PM, nabha meghani <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:

    Yes, gartenkresse is extensively used in german, in fact european kitchen.
    My mom used to give us Aliv-Khir, when we had uneasy stomach. It is
supposed to eb a mild purgative.

    One can buy small paperboxes with small seedlings in supermarkets. One can
also buy seeds, some ten grams for one Euro.

    Let me tell you one story. When my mom visited us she was surprised to see
that we pay one euro  (which is around 60 INR) for 10 gramm Aliv. Later when
she went back, she sent one Kilo Aliv through my brother-in-law, who was
visiting Hannover Fair. He was supposed to visit us, but did not manage it. He
did not have time to go to the postoffice to sent the package to me. He tried
to give it to his german colleagues, but everyone politely denied to accept it,
as noone knew, what to do with the seeds. He could not throw it away and took
it back to India.

    Regards
    Nalini