Dear Devi,
I think the Species is Sterculia Foetida. i am not an expert, being a
Mech.Engr.Let other people confirm it.I am normally carried away by the way
Nature protects her Off-springs, AS IN THIS CASE with the CASING.We have quite
a lot of these Very Tall Trees called Mast trees in Chennai  M.SUNDARARAMAN

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:56:54 +0530  wrote
>I would like to know the ID of this seed from a semi-urban property, Calicut.

Thank you,
Devi.

--
Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a
harvest.

-- Douglas Jerrold.

M. Sundararaman Tel# 044--24461660;SINDHUR SEA PRINCESS
9 Coastal Road ., BESANT NAGAR; CHENNAI  600090
Until the last tree is cut;
Until the last river is dry;
Until the last fish is caught;
Until the last animal is killed;
Man willnot realise that he cannot eat money
Founder Trustee of NIZHAL,anNGO ofChennai
SeedEXNORA Senator
 Founder of "FRIENDS OF NATURE"--an NGO dedicated to TREE-PLANTING in Rural
India Pl contact
044- 24421545 Shri R,Subramanian