Yes Shrikant ji, it can be done by individual efforts. Some time back I had
prepared and posted a similar simple key for Species of Solanum. (Small
steps towards eFlora of India). This idea of your can be slowly developed
and imlemented.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/