Thanks for sharing nice pictures of Alpinia zerumbet of Zingiberaceae
family (the ginger family).
Please visit the following link to further information, especially
about the uses of this species. Habit of the plant is also available
in the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpinia_zerumbet

Thanks and Regards,
Giby