I think the two species belong to two different genera

Calyptocapus vialis Less (syn: Synedrella vialis (Less) A. Gray; *
Calyptocarpus* *tampicanus* (DC.) Small): straggling daisy

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/tax_search.pl

http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/gcc-88163

Synedrella nodiflora (L.) L. Gaertn (syn: Verbesina nodiflora L.):
Synedrella

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/tax_search.pl

http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/gcc-32071

Retired  Associate Professor