Here is the key to differentiate the two genera (Based of Flora of Taiwan
and Flora of North America)

 Synedrella<http://efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=100&taxon_id=132087>
*Synedrella:* Plants annual, erect or ascending, not rooting at nodes; heads
aggregated; disc florets 4-12; cypsellae of ray florets with lacerate winged
margins.

*Calyptocarpus:* Perennial, prostrate or decumbent, rooting at nodes; heads
solitary at each node; disc florets 10-20; cypsellae of ray florets not
winged

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/