Ritesh ji
I think Tropicos simply lists treatment by different publications.

http://www.tropicos.org/Name/8500974?tab=acceptednames

Perhaps this paper from Taxon may help

Austin, D. F. & Z. Huamán. 1996. A synopsis of Ipomoea (Convolvulaceae) in
the Americas. Taxon <http://www.tropicos.org/Publication/812> 45(1): 3–38.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/