Thanks a lot VijayasankarJi for the ID. Well its very difficult to
distinguish between C, acicularis and C. nana . All characters are very
very similar except the height. C. acicularis is 10-50 cm where as C. nana
is 10-25 cm (there might be morphological variation due to ecological
factors). Mine (up loaded here) is 40 cm in height. So i guess its
C.acicularis. I thinks u raised a valid point. I have not yet got the other
one. Lets wait for others to respond this.


Many thanks Satish Sir for ur appreciation.

Regards

prasad
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Satish Phadke <[email protected]> wrote:

> Prasad ji
> I was wondering how did I miss this? I had put a label in Gmail with words
> Papilionaceae and was concentrating on mails with that label. So the mails
> without this words were missed by me. Responding late due to this. Nice
> upload indeed.
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 5:47 PM, prasad dash <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>>  Dear members sending the photograph of *Crotalaria acicularis** *from
>> Ranpur
>>
>>
>>
>> Name of the species: *Crotalaria acicularis*
>>
>> Family: Papilionaceae
>>
>> Place of collection: Ranpur, Nayagarh, Orissa
>>
>> Habit: Procumbent Herb
>>
>> Habitat: Wild, in open grasslands
>>
>> Altitude: 800m to 1200m above msl
>>
>> Distribution: Ranpur, Similipal, Mahendragiri,Koraput (Orissa). Anamalei
>> hills and Travancore, Bengal, Bihar
>>
>>
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>
>>
>> Prasad
>>
>> --
>> Prasad Kumar Dash
>> Ecologist, Orissa, India
>> email: [email protected]
>> ph. 09437444241
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Dr Satish Phadke
>



-- 
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India
email: [email protected]
ph. 09437444241

Reply via email to