Ushadi
Three features differentiate the species, lanceolate leaves usually less
than 12 cm long and pedicel 2cm long in T. laurifolia. Here are typical
plants

http://raksaherbs.com/product/Thunbergia-Laurifolia-capsule/Thunbergia-Laurifolia-capsule-P0120.html

http://cookislands.bishopmuseum.org/showImage.asp?file=MM/MX1-4/4P300_Thun-laur_RR_GM_MX.jpg&title=Thunbergia+laurifolia++%28Purple+Thunbergia%29&height=400&width=600

Leaves ovate-cordate, up to 20 cm long, pedicel 4-5 cm long in T.
grandiflora

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/Acanthaceae$20Week:$20Thunbergia$20grandiflora$20from$20Delhi/indiantreepix/EzseeCmIDok/1Sp_JHeotmwJ

The first photograph (leaves) and second (pedicels) suggest T. laurifolia
clearly, other photographs create some doubt.

I some how have the feeling that most photographs on the net, including
above one may not be a hybrids betwen the two species, as is also true for
Campsis grandiflora and C. radicans, where these hybrids are placed with
either species in most databases, including our FOI.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:32 AM, ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com