Very nice to see this plant again, in India
I know this plant as Jacob's ladder, quite popular to plant as a
perennial in woodlands , it come bursts forth after snow melts...

Do you have pictures of the leaves?
Since the name of this plant is mythological
; story is Jacob dreamt of a ladder with alternate rungs in a ladder-
like contraption, rising from ground and going skyward allll...lll the
way up to the heavens...  the leaves are arranged as if they are
forming this ladder of Jacob's dreams... I always loved this myth... a
tiny plant ascribed duty to carry one heavenwards...

Interesting mix of medicinal claims, if they can be verified by modern
science...

Usha di

==