In fact Hathisund, Hathisoond, Hatisud etc. are Hindi names of this
species. And these names are common throughout India.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/OuO-4_l5c2Q

The Tribal Healers of Chhotanagpur recognize this species by six different
names and all these names are based on its medicinal properties and uses.
Bade Bukhar Jadi is one of these names as Heliotropium is added as
important ingredient in Indigenous Herbal Medicines used for Fever
management.

In year 2002 I mentioned local name of Cassia fistula as Bendra Lauthi or
Bandar Lathi in Botanical.com. At that time Google was showing only my
articles for "Bandar Lathi." Today from Assam to Gujarat and North to South
everyone is writing that Bandar Lathi is its Assamese name, Bandar Lathi is
its Tamil Name, Bandar Lathi is its Bengali name. Bandar i.e. Monkey is
known by different names in different languages then how Bandar Lathi is
local name in every state of India?

It surprises me a lot.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia