Yes Gentiana is very common in those altitudes in May. Gentiana carinata is
reported but I found that flowers have distinct fringe in the throat, and I
think that plant is G. coronata, especially in Gulmarg, Khillenmarg area.



-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/



On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Suresh Kumar Rana
<[email protected]>wrote:

> Respected Sir
> Thanks a lot for ID.
> In May I also visited the sub-alpine zone of my area for three days. In
> addition to these Primula species I also found Gentiana carinata, Colchicum
> luteum, Gagea lutea, Tussilago farfara, Adonis chrysocyathus, Trollius
> acaulis, Oxytropis lapponica, Iris, Rhodiola and some other species. I will
> post these on by one.
>
> --
> Warm regards
> Suresh Rana
>
>

Reply via email to