On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 6:33:18 PM UTC+3, pck...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Telegraf in my current production environment to read the jolokia
> for JVM Stats and saves it in Influxdb. In the same way I would like to use
> the same telegraf plugin to post the Docker Stats to InfluxDb. We are using
> docker to deploy our APIs. Telegraf is installed within the Docker Container.
> I prefer to use the same telegraf plugin within the docker to collect metrics
> rather than installing one on host. Please advice.
>
> Telegraf version is 0.13.
>
> Regards
> Karthik

Hi,

We strongly suggest using the latest Telegraf version 1.0.1

I am not sure I understand the question correctly. When installed inside a
container, Telegraf will normally collect data for the container itself.

It is possible to collect host metrics from inside the container though, by
exposing etc,sys,proc,var volumes. See the following example:

docker run -d --hostname=name -e "HOST_PROC=/rootfs/proc" -e
"HOST_SYS=/rootfs/sys" -e "HOST_ETC=/rootfs/etc" -v
/var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro -v /sys:/rootfs/sys:ro -v
/proc:/rootfs/proc:ro -v /etc:/rootfs/etc:ro telegraf

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/2af5819f-6ad0-43e2-8f2e-f0a92768fdda%40googlegroups.com.