On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 10:22:48 AM UTC-5, Ross McDonald wrote:

> Are you using a custom init script, or the one from the repository? If
> it's custom, could you provide it?
>
> It also looks like the linker flags weren't set properly when building.
> From the startup message:

The FreeBSD port build does not set this currently. I have a patch for it
that does set the version, but it is still sitting waiting to be applied by
someone with commit privileges.

Ditto for the FreeBSD telegraf port :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/11d9990e-0f23-434b-b6c9-759adc4c2640%40googlegroups.com.