When metrics are sent to Telegraf's http-input plugin and from there sent
to InfluxDB, the nanosecond timestamps are truncated by removing the last 9
0's. This means all timestamps in InfluxDB end up in the far past instead
of the correct time.

The same values sent straight to InfluxDB are correct.

I could not find any Telegraf configuration that could be used for this,
and throws doubts on the feasibility of InfluxDB for our use case, where
direct UDP output is not an option due to the source being out of our
control, and HTTP isn't performant enough due to the high amount of fsync's.

Is there anything I overlooked in fixing this ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/8ba704d9-64ae-46d7-be2f-7cca9fc5a35d%40googlegroups.com.