I have not been able to use deliver since I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.x. and
had to revert to using sieve.

--Moby

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ken Murchison
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 17:58 PM
To: Matt Allen
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: deliver and lmtpd

Matt Allen wrote:

> We're planning an upgrade from 1.5.2 to 2.x in the next six months or so.
> Our current implementation uses procmail as the MDA, so deliver is used to
> drop mail in a mailbox based on procmail rules.  I'm concerned that this
> filtering method will no longer work with the deliver/lmtp system in
version
> 2.x.
>
> Are my only options Sieve or writing a new lmtpd?

You should be able to use deliver the same as before.  The reason
deliver still exists is to maintain backwards compatibilty with non-LMTP
clients (like procmail).

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127