Werner Reisberger wrote:

> Quoting Mobeen Azhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I have not been able to use deliver since I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.x.
> > and
> > had to revert to using sieve.
>
> It's written in the upgrade notice, that deliver is only a wrapper to
> the lmtp server and that a lmtp client is required.

This is NOT true.  Deliver's sole purpose in life in 2.x is so that you
do NOT need an LMTP client.  It provides the same command line interface
as in 1.6 and still injects messages into the mailstore.  The only
difference is that in 2.x it talks to lmtpd instead of dealing with the
mailstore directly.

> I also have a filtering system with procmail (including web frontend
> for the users) and don't want to learn the sieve language and reconfigure
> everything new if I can avoid it. But currently I cannot upgrade to
> 2.x because procmail isn't available as lmtp client (there is a beta
> version able to act as lmtp server).
>
> I don't know what's the best solution for me and what's feasible:
>
>  - drop procmail completly
>  - replace deliver/lmtpd with something supporting non-lmtp clients
>  - write code for procmail to act as lmtp client

You should be able to use your current config.  If not, either you're
misconfigured or there is a bug in deliver.  I'm guessing the former.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127