[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> From: Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >I am pleased to announce the availability of an alternate namespace for
> >Cyrus IMAP which allows personal folders to reside at the same
> >[top]level as the INBOX.  You should consider this code to be late-beta,
> >

> I encourage people to check this out, and give Ken feedback.  It
> is working very well for me.
>
> This feature satisfies an urge which most of my users have,
> namely to create folders at the same level of hierarchy as the
> INBOX in their NS and MS clients.

One point that I failed to mention is that subfolders of INBOX are _NOT_
permitted when using the alternate namespace (subfolders of other
personal folders are allowed).  This sacrifice had to be made in order
to preserve the existing mailstore structure.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127