Jeremy Howard wrote:

> > You're going to have to compile CRAM-MD5 support into SASL (if you don't
> > already have it).  Then you're going to have to allow your users to
> > create a CRAM-MD5 secret in /etc/sasldb.  If you search the archives, I
> > think you'll find a PHP-based front-end for doing this.  If you go ahead
> > with this, you might want to just use sasldb for plaintext passwords as
> > well.
> >
> Is it possible to get my pwcheck daemon to handle this? Or is there no way
> for SASL to get the CRAM-MD5 secret from pwcheck?

There is now way with SASL v1.5 because sasldb stores an intermediate
value used in CRAM-MD5, not the plaintext password.  In SASL v2 sasldb
store only plaintext passwords, so it *might* be possible to use
pwcheck/saslauthd to do non-plaintext mechs.  You'll have to check with
Rob Siemborski about this.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127