Rob Siemborski wrote:

> As far as setpass() specifically, each plugin is still allowed to maintain
> its own database of secrets if necessary.  There is no requirement that
> any mechanism plugin use sasldb for authentication (e.g. KERBEROS_V4).
> For the record, saslpasswd makes all appropriate setpass() calls, though
> the supplied mechanisms do not make use of it (except possibly OTP at
> this point, but I'm not sure).

Yeah, OTP uses it.  I'd prefer that it didn't, but because opiepasswd
checks to make sure that the userid exists in /etc/passwd, I needed to
provide a way of setting user keys on a closed system like Cyrus.

I've fixed other bugs in OPIE which are required for compliance with
RFC2444, although the code will run unpatched.  Because Craig Metz is
real busy a new release of OPIE won't be out real soon.  I'll have to
but together a patch to ship with SASL v2 until a new OPIE release comes
out.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127