Warren Turkal wrote:
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 09:35, James Yale wrote:
There is an option (I believe under Edit) to 'Purge deleted messages'
which permanently deletes messages marked as to be deleted - is this
what you were after?

Is this considered to be good UI design by anyone? Or, is IMAP support just crippled in Outlook? BTW, the Mac version of Outlook (Entourage or whatever its called) also seems to have this behavior also.

wt
IMAP support (in my experience) is pretty bad in Outlook - it still has
to have PST files on the local machine to house it's special directories
and is VERY slow in comparison to more... open alternatives (Mozilla
Thunderbird for me).

I think this is partly because it insists on downloading attachments
before displaying a message, but mostly because (inexplicably) it
operates really slowly over the network (~100kb/s over 100Mb switched).