Hi,

as a follow-up to a discussion on IRC, I noticed the following diagnostic log line while replicating mailboxes to a new server with Xapian:

"Xapian: truncating text from message mailbox …"

Nicola replied that to her knowledge only the first 4 MB of a message are indexed, which led to these comments (which I hope it is OK to copy from the IRC channel):

^Simon^: Is that the first 4Mb of the text/html and/or text/plain parts, or first 4Mb of the entire message body, ignoring any mime parts?
[2:34pm]
onlight: hagedose: ^Simon^: That's a darn good question. This needs to be wrapped into the documentation. Thanks to all for this thread!
[4:19pm]
^Simon^: If it's just the first 4Mb of the body you could run into issues where the body is encoded in some way (eg quoted-printable) nicola_fm: For a faster response, drop some queries about cyrus and xapian on the mailing list. I am a poor proxy for sending messages to Robert S!

As suggested by Nicola, I am taking it to the list :-)
--
   .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.

To Unsubscribe: