Hi mates,

Reproduced and properly located (not a Cyrus bug). We have to apologize for the
generated noise. Cyrus replication works just fine.

As I explained before, we fetch from Mysql the accounts each server has
(instead of using -A) for no reason… just for historical reason…

So, when we fetched the emails, as in very old (now) versions of Cyrus a
conversion from . to ^ seem to be needed (the first Cyrus version was 2.0 o
even older), we were doing the following in the Perl script :

while (@fila = $query->fetchrow()) {
        $fila[0] =~ s/\./^/g;
        $email = $fila[0]."@".$fila[1];
        system("/usr/local/bin/sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/sync_client
-S xxxxxx.sarenet.es -v -u ".$email);

This explained the existence of .seen and .sub files with “^” and Sieve dirs
with ‘^’ too. That didn’t in fact explain, why they had non zero size. The
reason of the non zero size (of files with ^ and ending in .sub and .seen and
Sieve dirs), is that as we come from Cyrus versions 2.3 (and probably 2.4
perhaps do it) used the ‘^’ in the seen and sub filenames and Sieve names. So
if you do a sync_client of a user with ‘^’ , even in 3.0 it copies you that
file content of .sub and .seen from the master to the slave (because it exists!
because it has copied with sync_client too but from a 2.3/2.4 version), even
when they have not been used in a 3.0 version. Apart the own mail account
content is always copied and sync_client doesn’t complain about it (whether you
use ^ or a dot for the user).

So mates, thanks a lot again for your time and I honestly think I’ll sleep
better today :)

We have just discovered these, so we wanted to clarify it.

Thanks again,
Regards,

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Dpto. de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
ego...@sarenet.es <mailto:undefined>
www.sarenet.es <http://www.sarenet.es/>
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

> El 17 jul 2019, a las 12:51, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <ego...@sarenet.es> escribió:
>
> Anyway, not being able to reproduce it… working on reproducing….
>

> Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
> Dpto. de sistemas
> 944 209 470
> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
> ego...@sarenet.es <mailto:undefined>
> www.sarenet.es <http://www.sarenet.es/>
> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.
>
>> El 16 jul 2019, a las 20:23, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <ego...@sarenet.es
>> <mailto:ego...@sarenet.es>> escribió:
>>
>> Perhaps mbname_userid it’s not the exact function… perhaps we could just
>> call something like _append_extbuf() in this case but…. That’s what I was
>> trying to explain… could that be?
>>

>> Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
>> Dpto. de sistemas
>> 944 209 470
>> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
>> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
>> ego...@sarenet.es <mailto:undefined>
>> www.sarenet.es <http://www.sarenet.es/>
>> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.
>>
>>> El 16 jul 2019, a las 20:20, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <ego...@sarenet.es
>>> <mailto:ego...@sarenet.es>> escribió:
>>>
>>> mbname_userid
>>
>> ----