On Tue, Nov 29, 2016, at 02:00 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> The various browsers already have our digicert cert hard coded.
> So, if we ever had problems with that cert and had to switch to the
> secondary or tertiary certs, all browser access would be broken. ;(
>
> So, perhaps we should be more targeted here and only do this for some
> particular endpoints? mirrors.fedoraproject.org and
> dl.fedoraproject.org ? That way if we had to fall back to another cert
> only those would be broken for browsers.

I don't understand this btw - the CA pinning we're talking about
would only be for software mechanisms like dnf/rpm-ostree and possibly
docker/flatpak.

I'm certainly not advocating changing any other tools right now,
although one could theroetically consider things like the `bodhi` command
line tools (or possibly changing the underlying shared libraries).