> People are not checking status pages when everything is working :)

Sure...

> IMO is is pretty fine to have something yellow (or even red) despite the
> fact, that it seems to operate just fine for
> end user.

well, I take an entry on status to mean 'it's known, we are working on
fixing it' but that well may not be the case... I think it is bad to
show something there that we aren't working on fixing or doesn't impact
people. Either they think 'gee, you have tons of outages' or they wonder
why some non impacting thing is showing and never being fixed.

> It just looks bad (and not professional) when something is obviously down and
> status page show nice green flag.

It just means we haven't started working on it yet and want people to
tell us they hit it.

Look at some other sites:

https://www.githubstatus.com/ - I know they don't update this until
there is a known/widespread problem. I have several times started to see
issues and looked and it was showing fine, then a few minutes later
updated to reflect the outage. They do start incidents with
"investigating" and have updates, which is nice. The page is pretty
readable and has a small number of important things listed.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/ - they do look to push updates to there,
but they also include a contact and say to report issues not listed.
Personally, I think this page is too 'busy' and long...

https://status.redhat.com/ - pretty similar to the github one.

I wonder if perhaps we shouldn't drop all the services and have
something more freeform and text like. ie, normally it has links to
report things and such, but says "All our services are operating
normally". If we start working some outage, we update it with "There is
an outage of koji and bodhi and koschei due to a storage outage" (or
whatever services), then update it with "storage issue is know, ETA: 1
hour to fix" or whatever.

I think that might be more friendly to users than a wall of services,
many of which they might not know. It would save us from having to list
everything and avoid missing some service which has problems.

Do any of the open source ones eariler in this thread support something
like that?

kevin