On 11/11/2016 02:17 PM, Jamo Luhrsen wrote:

> On 11/11/2016 01:20 PM, Luis Gomez wrote:
>> I guess LF people are more suitable to answer here but my understanding is
>> even when ODL uses OpenStack based cloud
>> (rackspace), this cloud is currently being handled in Jenkins (not robot)
>> using packer (not HEAT) definition [1].
>
> To me I think David is asking about the openstack environment we deploy in
> our system test, like the
> netvirt openstack jobs.  if so, see inline...

I think JamO is correct in the assessment of what openstack we're
talking about ;)

I should, however, point out something for clarity. We build our
_images_ using packer. Jenkins doesn't actually instantiate the build
minions using packer to call OpenStack. We have an OpenStack provider
plugin to Jenkins that actually manages instantiation.

We did install a HEAT plugin recently to the sandbox, but for whatever
reason it refuses to talk to the private cloud HEAT service and it
doesn't any any clue about the Rackspace orchestration service either so
using HEAT from Jenkins into one of our managed clouds is a non-starter
at present.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg