On 08/14/2018 07:36 AM, Robert Varga wrote:
>> Much as I hate even saying this, but if ODL ever decided to move to
>> Confluence it would resolve several of the issues around linking and
>> embedding information since the project has already moved to JIRA.
>>
>> Granted, a MediaWiki -> Confluence conversion is a non-trivial change ;)
>
> Yes, if we are looking at migrating content, I think we should consider
> what is a wiki really giving us.
>
> My take is that for most of our content .rst in docs.git or project it
> relates to is better, simply because it gives us edit reviews and
> branches...

I rather agree with you actually. Most what we've got on the wiki could
just as easily live inside of the docs project in some way.

There are a few things that make sense on the wiki, but I actually think
things like the project proposals would be better served as changes via
.rst and similar as well! Not only can TSC members then actually offer
direct suggestions and criticisms, but some of the administrative
overheads we (LFRE) have upon granting of the projects can go away.
Right now we have to check the validity of the proposal page as to not
having had any edits (that weren't authorized by the TSC) since the
green light. That way we don't get random folks adding themselves as
committers or changing other information. Git history is much more
immutable and harder to forge.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg