Sat Jun 07 13:15:45 2014: Request 96291 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by ej...@hotmail.com
       Queue: Inline
     Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #96291] t/08taint.t fails on perl 5.20.0
   Broken in: 0.55
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: e...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=96291 >

Hi Rob,

Per the discussion with mst on #perl (ex pumpkin holder), I propose (and
will do if you haven't already) that at the top of 08taint.t:

1. Check for existence of $ENV{PATH}
2. If not, set to '/bin:/usr/bin'
3. Test in $ENV{PATH} for 'make' and $Config{cc}
4. If found, continue; if not, skip (since there's nothing else reasonable
to do, and I prefer not to make people force install)

Do you approve of this strategy?

On the systems you tested on, did Configure find "truly secure setuid
scripts"? Mine said no - I predict that's why it zeroes the path.

Cheers,
Ed