Mon Jun 09 17:40:39 2014: Request 96291 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by NERDVANA
       Queue: Inline
     Subject: t/08taint.t fails on perl 5.20.0
   Broken in: 0.55
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: e...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=96291 >

On Mon Jun 09 11:01:15 2014, sisyph...@optusnet.com.au wrote:
> I don't know of anyone that wants this taint handling fixed so that
> they can
> actually make use of it. AFAICT people want it fixed only so that they
> can
> avoid using force when installing Inline with any of the "cpan" tools.
>
> So I think I *will* turn t/08taint.t testing off unless
> $ENV{INLINE_TT_ON}
> is set ... and see what results/reactions that produces.
> I should never have added t/08taint.t in the first place. I should
> have just
> left the taint handling in its completely broken state. (No-one would
> ever
> have known.)
>
> Cheers,
>  Rob

Sounds fine by me.

But in case anyone ever comes asking for proper handling with taint mode,
here's a quick way to reproduce a system where it fails, using a Gentoo chroot:

  wget
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-nomultilib/stage3-amd64-nomultilib-20140529.tar.bz2
  mkdir gentoo-chroot
  tar -xjf stage3-amd64-nomultilib-20140529.tar.bz2 -C gentoo-chroot
  mount --rbind /dev gentoo-chroot/dev
  mount --bind /proc gentoo-chroot/proc
  cp /etc/resolv.conf gentoo-chroot/etc/
  chroot gentoo-chroot /bin/bash
  source /etc/profile
  sed -ie 's/^#en_US/en_US/' /etc/locale.gen
  locale-gen
  cpan Inline