Suresh,

Comments are inserted below:

[Linda] For those GWs which has Hosts belonging to a particular subnet, the
multicast for the subnet will reach all those GWs.

> > *        When host "a" needs to communicate with host "b" in
> different
> > subnet, "a" needs to send "Neighbor Solicitation" to L2/L3 boundary
> > router, (just the same way as IPv4 ARP).
>
> Correct. But only the router gets it. Not all the other hosts in the
> subnet (which is the case for ARP).
>

> > When there are many subnets spreading across many access switches,
> the
> > L2/L3 boundary router has to enable all those subnets on many of its
> > ports/links.
>
> This is purely an implementation issue. I know of several router
> implementations where this is not the case.

[Linda] This is the standard setting. When you have one subnet spanning over 20
server racks, with each rack reaching the L2/L3 boundary router via different
links, the subnet has to be enabled on all those 20 ports.

Why do you say it is implementation issue?

Linda