Hi Dave,

Glad to see that we are in agreement.

I don't think that those sections are needed for the reasons explained in my

One way to avoid misinterpreting your draft as conflicting with existing RFCs
is to tweak section 7.4, e.g.:

OLD:

   There are many reasons why it is may not be possible to record logs
   with reference to a centralised time source (e.g.  NTP).  This could
   include scenarios should as security sensitive networks, or internal
   production networks.  Times MAY OPTIONALLY be recorded with reference
   to a centralised time source (e.g.  NTP) but this is not necessary.
   As long as times are recorded consistently, it should be possible to
   measure the offset from a reference time source if required for the
   purposes of quering records at another source.  This is common
   practice in digital forensics.

NEW:

   There are many reasons why it may not be possible for servers to record logs
   with reference to a global time source.  This could
   include scenarios such as security sensitive networks, or internal
   production networks. As long as times are recorded consistently, it should
be possible to
   measure the offset from a traceable global time source (if required) for the
   purposes of querying records at another source. Adjusting the log records to
   synchronize with a global time source is the responsibility of the entity
   which owns the server.

Cheers,
Med