On 25/04/2018 11:37, Ted Lemon wrote:
> Brian, does the server *have* to collect everything?

Clearly not, but operations people are much more likely to apply a "log
everything we can store" approach than to be selective in advance. I think
it's privacy law, not IETF BCPs, that will make them think more carefully.

http://www.waitrose.com/privacynotice is worth a read, I found. It makes
IP addresses look very uninteresting.

    Brian