Joe,

> My model describes the rules under which translation devices can operate
> correctly and predictably in the Internet model.
>
> There are only a few alternatives for devices not explained by either model:
>       1- the Internet and my model are incomplete
>               in that case, you’re welcome to provide one for the new device
>       2- the Internet and/or my model are incorrect
>               in that case, you’re welcome to explain why
>       3- the device should be considered incorrect and itself corrected
>
> Un-doing fragmentation at IP is an attempt to jump to a solution for #1
> without explaining WHY, other than “we need to do this to fix the Internet to
> support these new devices”.
>
> I don’t think we should break known models to adapt to devices whose behavior
> might never be correctly accommodated.
>
>> Take A+P (RFC6346), and it's instantiations through e.g. MAP-E (RFC7597).
>> That's essentially normal longest match forwarding on addresses and ports.
>
> So? Any device that sources packets with addresses it owns IS an endpoint on
> the Internet. Nothing changes based on how it translates those devices to the
> private side.

Could you please read those documents and explain how A+P fits in your model?
Note an A+P router does not translate, it forwards based on address and port.
And as a normal router those addresses (and ports) are not identifying
interfaces on the router, but on some end-system further away.

Best regards,
Ole