I made this comment earlier, but it does not appear to have made it into this
version.
Some applications invoke IP fragmentation as a performance optimization, and
that
should be mentioned here. But, it also needs to say that RFC4963 warns against
reassembly errors at high data rates.

Suggestion is to add the following to the introduction:

   "While this document identifies issues associated with IP
   fragmentation, it does not recommend deprecation.  Some applications
   (e.g., [I-D.ietf-intarea-tunnels]) require IP fragmentation. Others (e.g.,
   [IPERF3]) invoke IP fragmentation as a performance optimization, but
   can incur reassembly errors at high data rates [RFC4963]."

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com