From: Henderickx, Wim (Nokia - BE/Antwerp) [mailto:wim.henderi...@nokia.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2018 6:52 PM
To: Fred Baker <fredbaker.i...@gmail.com>; Linda Dunbar
<linda.dun...@huawei.com>
Cc: i...@ietf.org; int-area@ietf.org; i...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Idr] Using BGP to advertise SD-WAN tunnels end point's private
IPv6 addresses. (was registering tunnel types

In SD-WAN ctxt, to let a site which has IPv4 on the WAN talk to another site
which has  IPv6 on the WAN, we will need to send the packets to a device who
can map the v4 address to a v6 address (no NAT, but mapped I call it). The
mapping table has nothing to do with NAT and is setup by a controller in most
solutions.

Now this is working irrespective if the v4 site is NATed  (one way or another)
or not.

On 05/11/2018, 17:42, "Idr on behalf of Fred Baker" <idr-boun...@ietf.org on
behalf of fredbaker.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > On Nov 5, 2018, at 5:40 PM, Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com> wrote:
    >
    > If a CPE-1 has private IPv6 addresses for its ports behind NAT, and CPE-2
has IPv4 address, can CPE-1 communicate with CPE-2 by the NAT's IPv4 address?

    There is no such thing as an IPv6 private address. I'm not sure how to
respond to the question.