Even a NAT64 is not needed. What we do now is we go to a GW (lets call it like
this for now) and the GW rewrites the outer header of the tunnel srcIP and
dstIP from v4 to v6 or vice versa. It is kind of decap/encap operation on the
outer header as if you terminate the tunnel and reinitiate the tunnel. No NAT64
required.

On 06/11/2018, 00:00, "Idr on behalf of Gert Doering" <idr-boun...@ietf.org on
behalf of g...@space.net> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 10:40:36AM +0000, Linda Dunbar wrote:
    > If a CPE-1 has private IPv6 addresses for its ports behind NAT, and CPE-2
has IPv4 address, can CPE-1 communicate with CPE-2 by the NAT's IPv4 address?

    Since there are no private IPv6 addresses, no.

    Generally speaking, if CPE1 has only IPv6 addresses and CPE2 has only
    an IPv4 address, the answer is no as well, unless there is a NAT64
    involved somewhere.

    Gert Doering
            -- NetMaster

    SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael
Emmer
    Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
    D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
    Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279