Fred,

> On Sep 3, 2019, at 7:33 AM, Templin (US), Fred L <fred.l.temp...@boeing.com>
> wrote:
>
> Why was this section taken out:
>
>> 1.1.  IP-in-IP Tunnels
>>
>>   This document acknowledges that in some cases, packets must be
>>   fragmented within IP-in-IP tunnels [I-D.ietf-intarea-tunnels].
>>   Therefore, this document makes no additional recommendations
>>   regarding IP-in-IP tunnels.

This text in the Introduction was removed because, as noted in Warren Kumari
Comment (2019-08-07 for -15), this didn’t need to be in the introduction, and
it didn’t say very much that isn’t described later in the document.

The normative text in Section 5.3. "Packet-in-Packet Encapsulations” is
unchanged.  I think Section 5.3 covers the topic.  It includes the reference to
[I-D.ietf-intarea-tunnels].

Bob