Ole,

> On Sep 6, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org> wrote:
>

> This document should not recommend IP in UDP in IP encapsulation to achieve
> end to end IP fragmentation for new applications.

The document doesn’t say that, nor is the document recommending this.  The
current text Joe and I proposed to the list was:

  The risks of IP fragmentation can also be mitigated
  through the use of encapsulation, e.g., by transmitting IP fragments
  as payloads.

If this was recommended it would have included the word “recommended” or
SHOULD/MUST terminology.

It’s only mentioning this, along with other approaches, as a possible approach
for mitigating the problems.

Bob